Skip to main content

Open the Box

Have you ever wanted a website that just did all the work for you. You log in, then with a swivel of the mouse and tap of the keyboard, you get what you want, no searching and squinting and irking. Maybe you didn’t even know such a site could, would, or should exist. It does; at least for music anyway.

There is a place so perfect, so simple, so personal, it evokes a pandemonium of inner glee once you understand its ease and simplicity. It is like having greatness before you, wonderfully presented in the glow of your screen; a digital display of online perfection. Looking upon this site, you won’t help but feel moved and cherished; as if someone out there knows you are an individual who has a song or artist or sound that is a part of you, an extension of who you are. That someone goes unhailed and unthanked, bus has left behind what many have stumbled upon: Pandora dot com.

Comments

wilson said…
Wow, thanks so much Rory. We live for comments like yours; it's wonderful to hear that you're loving Pandora so much. All our hard work pays off!

I'm listening to my favorite musician right now, and I absolutely know what you mean by "a sensational pandemonium of inner glee."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.


- Lucia, from Pandora
Chris Hoops said…
I am glad your glad... and I am thrilled I did not miss the mark concerning inner gleeness

Popular posts from this blog


Café Finesse

A "gentleman's drink," "hood," whatever you want to call it, is a meticulous matrimony of espresso and steamed milk, knit together to become what is commonly known as a cappuccino. The cappuccino stands as one of the most misunderstood experiences available almost nowhere but offered everywhere. I cannot count the times I have ordered a cappuccino only to receive a mound of foam with abandoned espresso lamenting its extraction on the bottom. It is the wet kitten of coffee. The cappuccino is more than just espresso and milk. It is not only espresso and foam either. The ceremonial blending of the elements is as tender and sensitive and romantic as a first kiss. The cappuccino is not a coffee drink, it is the coffee drink. It is not espresso but a perfection of it. Ordering a cappuccino "to go," as they say expecting a paper cup, is somewhat of a culinary indiscretion, but carelessly serving steamed milk, foam and espresso is a barefaced disregard fo...

On Immunization and Freedom

Health and freedom seem to be the ultimate end of any function of the government. Without life and good health, how can we be free, seek happiness or raise a family. Thus, the ultimate and deepest implications of immunization are societal as well as scientific. Small Pocks, HPV, German Measles, all take their toll on society because they are so contagious; their significant danger is the purpose for immunization and litigating a requirement for them may be a safe and easy way to end the curse of many preventable diseases. The controversy does not center on whether they work or not. Vaccination works. The odd increase in disabilities and ailments over the last 100 years is what causes so much tumult, in the public square, at the mention of vaccines. ADD, auto-immune, and neurological disorders have been on a steady rise as the commonplace usage of vaccines have risen. Many nations who do not have common vaccines have other problems, however; they deal with measles and whooping ...

My Heart Bleeds

I am not a scientist or philosopher. I have not exhausted the depths of scientific discovery or waded into the philosophical postulations of all the “why”s and “how”s of existence and nature and purpose. Nor am I an artist –not in any traditional sense– but I do have a sense of what is communicated in arte. Even bad arta; an expression of one’s self, being, perception, and experience. One of my favorite artists is Bob Dylan. He confuses me and I have discovered why confusion is admirable. He doesn't communicate an answer or direct interpretation of life; but rather, the confusion we all feel about war and love, beauty and pain. Dylan, in many ways, combined a strange string of sounds and words that give a substantive realization to the pain that nurtures the human heart. Beauty is not found in an evasion of life, but rather an embrace of it. Recently, I had been given a bit more struggle than I cared to accept; but, as I was denied any control over my life and accepted th...